What is the difference between medical masks and ordinary masks?
Posted by Admin
1. The number of layers is different
Medical masks are composed of a mask body and a tension belt. The mask body is divided into three layers: inner, middle and outer layers. Ordinary medical masks are common gauze masks with four, eight, and sixteen layers.
2. Different protective effects
Ordinary masks are used to filter the air entering the mouth and nose to block harmful gases, odors, and droplets from entering and exiting the wearer's mouth and nose.
Medical masks are comfortable, odorless, free of glass fiber, non-irritating to the skin, waterproof, and can kill or remove pathogenic microorganisms on the media after disinfection, making them harmless; and can prevent dust, so Low breathing resistance, hygienic to wear, absorb aerosol, dust, smoke, mist, poisonous gas and poisonous vapor through the filter material, block them from being inhaled by people, and effectively isolate pollution sources.
Medical masks are generally divided into three categories: cotton yarn masks, medical surgical masks, and N95 masks, which are characterized by:
1. Cotton gauze mask: It can prevent some viruses from invading, but it has poor adhesion to the human face and low anti-virus efficiency.
2. Medical surgical mask: divided into three layers, the outer layer blocks water, the middle layer blocks more than 90% of the 5μm particles in the air, and the inner layer absorbs moisture.
3. N95 medical protective mask: N95 is certified by the American Institute of Occupational Safety and Health. N refers to non-oily particles, 95 refers to the filtration rate reaches 95% under the standard detection conditions, and has good adhesion