Medical masks include medical surgical masks, medical protective masks, and disposable medical masks. Medical masks can not only prevent viruses and bacteria, but also prevent dust. It is a basic medical protective equipment
Medical masks approved for marketing as medical devices include medical protective masks, medical surgical masks and ordinary medical masks. Ordinary degreased gauze masks are not managed as medical devices. The performance of medical masks approved as medical devices is very different from ordinary dust masks. The important technical indicators and scope of application of the mask approval standards are as follows:
Medical protective mask
Comply with GB19083-2010 "Technical Requirements for Medical Protective Masks" standard, important technical indicators include non-oily particle filtration efficiency and airflow resistance:
(1) Filtration efficiency: Under the condition of air flow (85±2) L/min, the filtration efficiency of sodium chloride aerosol with aerodynamic median diameter (0.24±0.06) μm is not less than 95%, which is in line with N95 (Or FFP2) and above.
(2) Inhalation resistance: Under the above flow conditions, the inhalation resistance does not exceed 343.2Pa (35mmH2O).
Medical protective masks are suitable for the protection of medical staff and related staff against airborne respiratory infectious diseases, with a high level of protection.
Medical surgical mask
Comply with YY0469-2011 "Technical Requirements for Medical Surgical Masks" standard, important technical indicators include filtration efficiency, bacterial filtration efficiency and respiratory resistance:
(1) Filtration efficiency: Under the condition of air flow (30±2) L/min, the filtration efficiency of sodium chloride aerosol with aerodynamic median diameter (0.24±0.06) μm is not less than 30%;
(2) Bacterial filtration efficiency: under specified conditions, the filtration efficiency for Staphylococcus aureus aerosol with an average particle diameter of (3±0.3) μm is not less than 95%;
(3) Breathing resistance: Under the condition of filtration efficiency and flow rate, the inhalation resistance does not exceed 49Pa and the exhalation resistance does not exceed 29.4Pa.
Medical surgical masks are suitable for basic protection of medical staff or related personnel, as well as protection to prevent the spread of blood, body fluids and splashes during invasive operations.
Ordinary medical mask
Comply with the relevant registered product standards (YZB), generally lack the filtration efficiency requirements for particles and bacteria, or the filtration efficiency requirements for particles and bacteria are lower than medical surgical masks and medical protective masks.
(1) The total number of initial contaminated bacteria for non-sterile masks shall not exceed 100cfu/g, and no pathogenic bacteria shall be detected;
(2) Sterilized masks should be sterile and sterilized by ethylene oxide. When leaving the factory, the residual amount should not exceed 10μg/g.
Ordinary medical masks have inaccurate protection against pathogenic microorganisms, and can be used for disposable hygiene care in ordinary environments, or to block or protect particles other than pathogenic microorganisms such as pollen.